Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Overdrive

It's been awhile since I looked at Overdrive as a customer. I downloaded the software and two books on my home computer when Scottsdale became part of the Greater Phoenix Digital Library. The experience was fairly easy. At that time, I had to burn the downloads to a CD to listen in the car. Yikes! Burning to a CD required lots of new discs and this became a costly process. While I could have read the items froms my home computer, it just wasn't convenient.

This was a good exercise since I had not spent much time looking at the site in awhile. I wasn't aware that eflicks were part of the collection! Where was I? I searched through the classics and the IMAX titles. Pretty interesting.

I look forward to the days of having an e-reader that is thin and easy on the eyes so I can download what I want -- newspaper, book, or magazine and read away. This will be more enviormentally friendly and no newsprint to scrub off kitchen tables, etc.

No comments: