Tuesday, March 4, 2008

It Ain't Over

I have reached the last lesson, but it ain't over. In all of the exercises, I realize that there is so much more to learn and do. It all becomes a matter or time. I would have loved to spent more time exploring and trying new things; however, like everyone else, I am juggling. Also, I realized that I pushed myself to complete the course. I know that there are other projects that are on the horizon so I set a timeline. I didn't quite make my deadline, but I was close.

My favorite exercise was number 3 creating a blog. I liked this the most since it had immediate relevancy. The Library has a blog on Wordpress, and I am adding to the content regularly.

I do feel that Learning 2.0 has made a positive impact on my lifelong learning. This was like a mini-course with lessons. The expectation was that each person would achieve a greater mastery of pieces of technology. It is powerful to take brief instructions and to move forward.

I think the most surprising outcome is how quickly I needed the information that I was learning. As I mentioned, blogging is something that I needed immediately to do my job. Then, Aimee enlisted me as part of the committee to build a new incident form and database. Boom! I became part of a wiki. Here are new ways to collaborate, communicate, and express one's self.

I like the format and concept of Learning 2.0. It allowed me to progress at my own pace. It gave me success along the way and each success built upon the past experience.

I would certainly participate in another learning opportunity. I wasn't sure when I started this how much I would benefit. It did me a world of good. Any experience to learn is a good thing.

There is strength in numbers. If you look at the number and growth of social networking, people are yearning to make connections. Making those connection or creating those relationships are the real value.

No comments: