Friday, February 29, 2008

Discovering Web 2.0 Tools

Here is another way to get lost and have some fun. I really enjoyed looking at a variety of the sites. Because the exercise asked for library applications, I will try for this post to limit to just one category that has potential for use at the library. I selected to explore the category of "lists and polls" from the Web 2.0 award nominees. On my City computer, 43 things was blocked. Because many customers ask for the Book of Lists, I spent a lot of time exploring listdump This site is a community where people contribute to the lists and viewers vote to prioritize the list. There was a list for the most beautiful mountain ranges in the United States to a list for the best places to find people online. This lead me to a site called Wink. I was able to enter a person's name and find all the links about that person in one easy list. Unlike a Google search, I really honed in on the right individual each time. Pretty slick. While this site may lack hardcore authority, it will appeal to many people and may even satisfy the curosity of most.

No comments: